1. Please do not attend the swim school if: - the swimmer or caregiver has travelled overseas in the past 14 days - the swimmer or caregiver has been in contact with a CONFIRMED case of COVID-19 - the swimmer or caregiver has any of the following symptoms: * Fever * Coughing * Sore Throat * Shortness of breath * Loss of taste or smell * Temperature above 37.5 c * Fatigue * Unusual muscle aches and pains * Diarrhoea You may cancel your lesson at any time before your lesson and be entitled to a make up class. If we suspect that any patron is unwell, we reserve the right to ask them to leave the premises for the safety of all customers.
2. Please download the Australian Government’s Covid tracing App to assist in tracing cases and notifying individuals who may be affected 3. We encourage parents to “drop and go” for most of our classes. Please have your children all dressed and ready for a quick drop off. If a carer needs to enter or stay in the building, we request that only 1 carer per family attend. If you need to come in and make a payment, again just one carer would be appreciated, and then return to your car. (Please remain onsite though, do not leave the vicinity of the swim school property.) Paying in advance for the term reduces the need to approach our reception desk weekly. If needed, you may enter the building at the beginning and end of class to drop off and pick up your child. If a student is in seals level or above, we encourage the carer to stay in their car for the duration of the lesson. If this is adhered to, we have enough room to safely seat the parents of beginners within the premises and adhere to social distancing. Carers of children in our pre school 12:30-3pm classes and tadpole classes will also be permitted to stay in the building, whilst adhering to social distancing guidelines. If we all adhere to these recommendations, most adults need spend less than 3 minutes in our facility. ( A lot shorter than a trip to Coles or Bunnings!) If you need to stay inside for 15 minutes or more you will need to sign our attendance record with your time of entry, First Name and phone number, as per government regulations.
4. There is a touch free hand sanitising station at our entry and exit. Please use them upon arrival. There is hand sanitiser on our reception desk and touch free hand sanitiser dispensing units in both changerooms. Please use them whenever you enter and exit the changerooms to use the toilet.
5. Please shower at home. The changerooms are open, but we will not be allowing the use of showers 4pm to 9pm Monday to Friday or Saturdays 8:30am-5pm. For students in classes during these times we ask that you use changerooms to dry off and change quickly to allow for a quick exit from our facility thus reducing the chance of crossover traffic between class times.
6. Please make sure you pack everything your child needs for their lesson, including bathers, towel, goggles and swim cap. We will no longer be lending out any of these items.
7. When using nappy change tables, please use your own towel to cover the change table before laying your child down to change them.
8. Please be patient and kind to our receptionists, teachers and fellow patrons. This is a brand new normal to all of us, and we expect there will be many hiccups and learning curves in our process. Please bear with us as we learn how to best serve you and keep you and your families safe whilst still learning the wonderful life saving skill of swimming.