1. Please do not attend the swim school if: - the swimmer or caregiver has travelled overseas in the past 14 days - the swimmer or caregiver has been in contact with a CONFIRMED case of COVID-19 - the swimmer or caregiver has any of the following symptoms: * Fever * Coughing * Sore Throat * Shortness of breath * Loss of taste or smell * Temperature above 37.5 c * Fatigue * Unusual muscle aches and pains * Diarrhoea
You may cancel your lesson at any time before your lesson and be entitled to a make up class. If we suspect that any patron is unwell, we reserve the right to ask them to leave the premises for the safety of all customers.
2. Anyone 18 years and over attending our facility MUST log an online Health Declaration/Contact Tracing form.Directions: - using your smart phone, open the camera and point the camera at the QR Code displayed in several areas around the swim school. - Click on the link that pops up, this opens the Health Declaration Webform -Enter your contact tracing information -Read and select your health declaration - Add any comments you think we need to know (if any) - Press submit
After your first visit, on each and subsequent visit, follow the 1st 2 steps and then click “I’m back”, and the app will just ask for your phone number and all your details will be remembered.
3. All Adults, please stand in front of our Thermal Scanner, located near our entrance, to get your temperature checked. If it reads over 37.5 degrees, please inform our staff (if they haven’t already been alerted) and they will do a further hand held thermometer check. If you are still reading over 37.5 then you will be asked to leave the premises and take your children with you and a make up lesson will be organised in the future.
We recommend you get tested for COVID-19 if you receive such a reading.
4. We encourage parents to “drop and go” for most of our classes. Please have your children all dressed and ready for a quick drop off. If a carer needs to enter or stay in the building, we request that only 1 carer per family attend. If you need to come in and make a payment, again just one carer would be appreciated, and then return to your car. (Please remain onsite though, do not leave the vicinity of the swim school property.).
Paying in advance for the term reduces the need to approach our reception desk weekly. If needed, you may enter the building at the beginning and end of class to drop off and pick up your child. If a student is in seals level or above, we encourage the carer to stay in their car for the duration of the lesson. If this is adhered to, we have enough room to safely seat the parents of beginners within the premises and adhere to social distancing. Carers of children in our pre school 12:30-3pm classes and tadpole classes will also be permitted to stay in the building, whilst adhering to social distancing guidelines. If we all adhere to these recommendations, most adults need spend less than 3 minutes in our facility. ( A lot shorter than a trip to Coles or Bunnings!)
5. There is a touch free hand sanitising station at our entry and exit. Please use them upon arrival. There is hand sanitiser on our reception desk and touch free hand sanitiser dispensing units in both changerooms. Please use them whenever you enter and exit the changerooms to use the toilet.
6. Lessons, for the time being, will be of 25 minute duration, to allow for a reduction of crossover traffic of students and parents between lessons.
7. Please shower at home. The changerooms are to be used for access to toilets and quick changes only.
8. Please make sure you pack everything your child needs for their lesson, including bathers, towel, goggles and swim cap. We will no longer be lending out any of these items.
9. When using nappy change tables, please use your own towel to cover the change table before laying your child down to change them. 10. Please be patient and kind to our receptionists, teachers and fellow patrons. This is a brand new normal to all of us, and we expect there will be many hiccups and learning curves in our process. Please bear with us as learn how to best serve you and keep you and your families safe whilst still learning the wonderful life saving skill of swimming.